Monday 13 June 2011

Matariki kites


Through out the seiner classes we are celebrating Matariki by creating kites out of rapau and toitoi we used toi toi to make the frame and rapau to make the inside. To some people this is hard but to me and my group it is fun we are using the harakeke to tie it together we strip the harakeke into three miller metre wide pieces then use a ruler or a pair of scissors to scrape out the inside until the harakeke is soft and wobbly then you can use it to tie the rapau together you muse weave the rapau then once you have gone through six of them go back and make a crisscross shape once you are done tie the weaved harakeke strip together and then move on to the next one. You should probably start at the basic kite a triangle me and my group have almost finished our kite I think they are going to look awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment